[ros-general] Installing ReactOS 0.2 RC2 on a 2-disk system with winme, Gentoo Linux and Mandrake Linux already installed

Mark IJbema mark at ijbema.xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 5 20:02:30 UTC 2004

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 07:48:16PM +0000, Jo??o Jer??nimo Barata de Oliveira wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a GNU/Linux user and, unfortunately, also a windouze user... and I
> like to use Free Software as soon as possible, so I tried ReactOS!
>
> The installation was done successfully... but there are some points that
> I want to discuss...
>
> 1. I haven't access to the floppy drive! I think that I need to change
> some registry keys for the drive to be accessible... can you explain?

It was disabled, because 'my computer' will crash if you enable it, and
have no floppy inserted.

> 2. I haven't access to the CD-ROM drive too (Sony CD-RW CRX1611)

There are some issues with some cd-drive. If you boot with the iso from
this cd drive, what happens?

> 3. Are the Relatek-based NICs suported? and ADSL Routers attched to them?

Network isn't working yet.

> ReactOS is very slow! and is still having many BUGs and shows BSODs many
> times... In version 0.2 it is normal, but I think it will became more
> stable in the future...

It's becoming better each day :) (really, i test it almost each day :D )

Mark