[ros-general] Mozilla (was Re: Browsers)

KJK::Hyperion noog at libero.it
Sat Feb 7 17:48:40 UTC 2004

At 20.04 06/02/2004, you wrote:
>It's comparable fast for me, but it's UI speed is theoretictly a bit worse
>because it uses it's own control toolkit and supports skins.

most people overlook, or ignore, that Internet Explorer does *exactly the
same*. The chrome is probably written in WTL or even bare Win32, but the
web control is *entirely* owner-drawn, and supports skins even in page
rendering. I'd say that, apart from writing an iexplore.exe clone and
adding (enabling?) Mozilla support for Windows themes, no work needs to be
done in this field