[ros-general] innovations...

Andrew "Silver Blade" Greenwood lists at silverblade.co.uk
Sat Feb 7 20:26:03 UTC 2004

We'll no doubt eventually have our own innovations, but I doubt there is much point in "re-inventing the wheel" regarding network protocols - the standard seems to have settled on TCP/IP with the occasional IPX network.

Whatever developments are made to improve ReactOS in some ways not done with Windows by Microsoft, should be easily adaptable to run on Windows (ie, should be available separately so Windows users can run ReactOS apps.) But the main aim of this project is compatibility, so introducing something "proprietary" to ReactOS (or requiring additions to Windows so apps for ReactOS can run on it) is not really a good idea, IMO.