[ros-general] Problems booting

James Pritchard jnpritchard at btopenworld.com
Thu Feb 12 15:09:32 UTC 2004

 I've been trying to use the 0.2 release on some real hardware and am
having problems with getting it to boot.  I've tried the binary version
using a windows 98 base and booting into a dos prompt.  This method
results in the computer restarting almost immediately.  That was using
aboot.bat or boot.bat (modified to debug to screen).
I then tried the iso which booted and started the installer.  I
installed it fine on to the first partition of the first harddisk which
is set as active.  When it reboots at the end of the install freeloader
fails to find it configuration file.and one time said that it had found
invalid partition magic.
I'm keen to get this working so I can start debugging the code and
making the GDI more functional.
The machine I'm trying to run this on is a Pentium 133 with 48 Mb of ram
a 4 gb HD on IDE1 master,  cd on IDE2 master.
Any ideas or advice on how to get a log file out of the loader?
I do have yesterdays CVS and have built it but haven't tried it yet.

James Pritchard