[ros-general] Sub-pixel rendering coup

Jasper van de Gronde th.v.d.gronde at hccnet.nl
Sun Feb 15 21:16:55 UTC 2004

But wouldn't that just be some kind of (probably very nice)
anti-aliasing? Because that isn't what ClearType is about. ClearType
tries to triple the horizontal resolution by using the fact that LCD
screens have red, green and blue subpixels (very small vertical lines,
you can see them if you use a magnifying glass or look very closely at
the screen).
The problem I have with this solution is that it looks a bit messy to
me, probably because of the colored edges.
Nevertheless, some people seem to like the effect, so it probably would
a good idea to implement some day.