[ros-general] Translators ARE needed (HTML email)

Aleksey Bragin aleksey at studiocerebral.com
Mon Feb 16 16:34:25 UTC 2004

        Hello,
the time for ReactOS website to become multilanguage is coming, and actually is rather near :-)

So, to start, we need to gather a team of translators for every language.
As an initial attempt, I searched the ReactOS maillist archives, and found the following people are (were?) willing to do the ReactOS translation.

Here is the list:
      Name Languages E-Mail
      Rick Langschultz 1) French absleadcoder at cox.net
     2) Spanish
     3) Irish Gaelic
     4) Manx Gaelic
      Mikhail Y. Zvyozdochkin Russian mzvyozd at narod.ru
      Waldo Alvarez Spanish wac at ghost.matcom.uh.cu
      Alexander Ciobanu 1) Romanian alex at prodidactica.md
     2) Russian
      Filip Navara Czech xnavara at volny.cz
      Bjorn Fischer German thebear80 at gmx.net
      Mark IJbema Dutch mark at ijbema.xs4all.nl
      Lorenzo Italian garbage at loz.it
      mtg Japanese mtg at ce.wakwak.com
      tmtsac at hotmail.com
      Oliwer French oliwer at free.fr

This list is a very preliminary one, since actually I haven't asked anyone from this list if he really wants to do the translation now, except for Oliwer, who already sent me an email regarding his English -> French translation skills.

If anyone has changed their mind since they post to ros-general/ros-kernel --- let me know, and I will remove you from this list.

So far we have this (hope line wrap doesn't harm this, in any case I will repost the updated versions of these tables in a better format later):
      Czech Dutch French Gaelic (Irish) Gaelic (Manx) German Italian Japanese Romanian Russian Spanish
      Navara IJbema Oliwer Langschultz Langschultz Fischer Lorenzo mtg Ciobanu Bragin Langschultz
     (GvG ?) Langschultz       Ciobanu
             Zvyozdochkin

We have a good situation in Dutch (IJbema can translate, and GvG can approve --- ? ), French, and Russian (we may have even another man here - Semyon Novikov) languages.
But certainly for a start, at least one people per language is enough, though two are highly preferable.

I will post translation rules and guideline here later, and actually I am going to start preparing the stuff for translation.

With the best regards,
Aleksey Bragin.