[ros-general] why folks

KJK::Hyperion noog at libero.it
Mon Feb 16 23:33:47 UTC 2004

At 23.17 16/02/2004, you wrote:
>>because we feel like it. Each of us for different reasons
>I'd like to hear what reasons that are.

for me it's finally and actually learning Windows. Just giving up and using
another system? _how convenient_. And it's not like just for wanting to
develop an open source operating system you *must* contribute to Linux -
what makes people think that? I hate Linux, why should I care?

>Where are the (conceptional) differences ?

you really *don't want* to get in a discussion with *me* about differences
between Windows and Linux. I'm pretty much doomed to be always right about
the topic, having spent countless hours of my life studying it. Let's put
it this way: they are roughly *equivalent*, but in no way *interchangeable*

>And why implement _Windows_ and not a good system which allows running old
>windows applications ?

ReactOS *is* meant as "a good system which allows running old windows
applications"

>>>So what are the advantages of another own kernel against a subsystem in
>>>another host operating system ?
>>it makes us 63.2% cooler
>ah, no rational reason, just for fun.

no, I'm just saying it to confuse you