[ros-general] Terms Table / ROS Wiki

ROS@Q-collective.org ROS at q-collective.org
Thu Feb 19 15:51:59 UTC 2004

Aleksey Bragin wrote:

>        Hello,
>we have two ways to setup Terms Translations Tables.
>1. Every language group coordinator maintains such a table in some format,
>say, XML. People who are actually doing translation use it, and if they want
>to add an entry to the table - they send email to the language coordinator,
>he adds this term to the table, marks it as not-approved, asks other people
>to approve this term, and if it's correct, mark it as approved. Everytime
>this XML table should be available from somewhere for download.
>
>2. Use ReactOS Wiki for this purpose. I have tried to create links from
>Translation page to tables for three languages, and tried to add some
>content into Russian table page, but I couldn't find how to add a table into
>Wiki. Does our Wiki support tables?
>This way all people will have access to the table, can add entries by
>themselves (but we rely on them marking the term unapproved first, and only
>then, when all other translators agree to the term, it's marked as
>approved), and language coordinator manages this process.
>

>I need your opinion about this, what would be the most comfortable way to do
>this? I like Wiki idea, but I can't create a good table in it, and I don't
>want to substitute tables with lists.
>

>With the best regards,
>Aleksey Bragin.

They both have advantages and disadvantages:
The advantage of 1 is to have things suited to the language need,
everyone can make their own xml document that best serves their purposes.
2. has the advantage of having things central, and Mark IJbema is
strongly for such an option. It doesn't really matter for me though.

Emil