[ros-general] great project / suggestions

KJK::Hyperion noog at libero.it
Sun Feb 22 16:17:56 UTC 2004

At 17.51 21/02/2004, you wrote:
>[XML] its not compiled, its interpreted.

don't say that! it may actually happen! :-)

>There really is no alternative than C when you are writing a new kernel

you can write one in almost 100% Java. See
<http://jnode.sourceforge.net/portal/>. The worst problem is, as always,
finding drivers for it. Don't ask me how do they implement the early
bootstrap or resident routines or interrupt handling (for the latter I
hypothize something like Windows ISRs + DPCs), but I think they're just
technicalities at JIT or runtime library level

>C, in its pure form is starting to get a bit dated, but it reduces
>overhead and runs faster than C++.

please don't make statements you can't possibly prove (essentially because
they are false)