[ros-general] Booting problem: ROS hangs up after disks check

Kyryll A Mirnenko mirya at ukrpost.net
Mon Feb 23 20:53:59 UTC 2004

j> You must start ros from protected mode if you are running windows.
j> I run win95 and just before windows starts (as soon as I see ' starting win95 ' ) I have to press the F8 key and then select safe mode with command prompt (7). I think it is the ctrl key and not
j> the F8 key in win98.

I've started it from CLEAN DOS (WinME boot floppy), that was real mode
under real DOS.

j> Running ros for the first time is like running windows for the first time, you have to reboot again before you can use it.

Was that normal it hung up in a blue sceen after D: drive check? There
were no messages, after hardware reboot everything was the same -
hanging up after last FAT32 drive check.

As I said, I've got UFS (FreeBSD) partition after that last drive it
checks & hangs up, my version is that it's confused by it. Another
version is DMA-less harddisk (although ATAPI v4)

Hope, somebody'll help,

mirya