[ros-general] great project / suggestions

Semyon Novikov tappak at freemail.ru
Wed Feb 25 04:19:35 UTC 2004

rK> Thats also what I think. Despite that i like c++
rK> We should think about allowing more/other languages for
rK> APP-developement. Of course core programming must be in C/C++
rK> At least for protability and 'ease' of  build.

rK> But some more less importand usermode apps or services may be programmed
rK> in other languages. They should however be maintained as binary by the
rK> maintainer, too.

I think good languge for APP-development is Java. Object-orientied,
portable, not so fast but solid rock. Moreover ROS will have Windows
binary compatibility ;) And ALL (include M$) compilers will be aviable
on ROS.

--
Best regards,
 tappak