[ros-general] Mail to the FSF

Vizzini vizzini at plasmic.com
Wed Feb 25 18:01:29 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 17:31, Robert Köpferl wrote:
> Go into more detail.
>
> Vizzini schrieb:
>
> > I can see that this project is going to need some sort of official
> > statement about its license interpretations.  I'd be glad to write
> > something up when I get time, but if anyone wants to take a stab at it,
> > please do.

What I meant is that we get *lots* of licensing-related questions.  We
need to sit down and write up a statement about how this project is
licensed.  We really do need to get this stuff in shape soon.

> > While we're at it, we need to write down our unwritten policies about
> > patents, copyrights, trademarks, reverse engineering, and so on.

What I meant: we have some unspoken and unwritten policies about things
like reverse-engineering.  Anyone who's been around for long enough has
certainly knows the score.  However, we get enough of these questions
that someone is going to have to write something down.  I'll do it when
I get to it, if nobody else does first.

 -Vizzini