AW: [ros-general] The booting stops without error-message

theUser BL theuserbl at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 27 10:08:44 UTC 2004

Hmmm.. I can only test it later, because here I have an internet-connection,
but I can not test reactos. And later at home, I can test reactos, but
doesn't have internet-connection.

>	first you have to start the boot.bat file. After this progress you
>can retry C:\REACTOS>aboot

Are you sure?
I have looked at first in the bat-files.

aboot.bat have:

loadros system32\ntoskrnl.exe system32\hal.dll system32\drivers\acpi.sys
/DEBUGPORT=SCREEN bootc.lst
rem comment added and changed for no reason

and boot.bat have:

loadros system32\ntoskrnl.exe system32\hal.dll /DEBUGPORT=BOCHS bootc.lst

So, aboot load one driver more (acpi.sys) and the debugport is the screen
and not bochs.
And because my computer is too slow for bochs, I run it direct on my
computer. So I think, that aboot makes more sense. :-/
For me it looks that boot and aboot are the same. boot for the virtual
machine and aboot for the real computer.

But if you think it's better to use boot, I will test it later at home with
it.

Greatings
theuserbl