[ros-general] Abiword status ?

Kenneth J. Davis jeremyd at ctc.net
Sun Feb 29 20:51:48 UTC 2004

..

>I am using Ros 0.2.1 from CVS dated 29022004 (fresh build from today)
>When I run  "abiword-setup-2-0-3.exe " from CMD window  , a message box
>is diplayed "Verifying installer 9%"
>After 1 hour , still this same messagebox "9%" .
>
>Gerard

Then AbiWord never even started.  Do other NSIS v2 based
installers work?  The AbiWord installer uses several NSIS
plugins, such as to check internet connection, etc. and
has been reported to fail on Windows 95 without IE.

If you want to test AbiWord, try running just the executable,
http://abiword.pchasm.org/builds/nightly/win32/AbiWord.exe
or for latest Stable build
http://abiword.pchasm.org/builds/nightly/win32/ABI-2-0-0-STABLE/VC6SP5/AbiWord.exe

If it makes it easier and you want the extra files (help, etc)
I can probably add a zip install method for AbiWord.

As for the timer issue, for testing purposes, a simple fix
of ignoring the timer callback if abi's timer object is disabled
may suffice for a more graceful failure.  I will see about
adding a zip build of AbiWord with a timer workaround tommorrow
to http://abiword.pchasm.org/builds/periodic/ if anyone with
ROS installed wants to try it.

(I generally provide the Win32 builds of AbiWord)

Jeremy Davis
jeremyd at computer.org