[ros-general] ReactOS 0.3.0 TODO

Mark IJbema mark at ijbema.xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 13 22:24:16 CEST 2004

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 10:56:45AM -0400, Richard Campbell wrote:
> This is only due to missing activex support in most cases.  More and
> more sites are finding that it's BAD to be locked into IE's way of doing
> things.
>
> For the record i frequent 20 different sites a day, and none of them are
> incompatible with firefox.

In the Netherlands there are a few big banks:

Postbank
Rabobank
ABN-AMRO

the first is quite clueless anyway, they first didn't support
alternative browsers at all, now they've started testing it on several
setups. However, wrong version of java, and you're screwed, some
browsers work, some don't. You need to have luck on your site.

Rabobank works in most browsers but gives a warning at the first visit
that it's only compatible with msie.

ABN-AMRO works like a charm in all browsers, good interface, other sites
could learn from it :D

So basically, banking sucks over here when you don't have MSIE and
aren't with ABN-AMRO.

Also, i tried to convert my father to firefox. He wholeheartedly agreed
that it was a lot better browser. But almost all sites he needed
(distributors of computerparts and sites for investing on the stock
market and stuff) didn't work in firefox. So he threw it away after a
day, since it was totally worthless to him.

Please don't get me wrong, i agree that firefox is better, and that all
sites should stick to webstandards. But it's just not going to happen
anytime soon.

Mark