[ros-general] ROSLive CD - trial run

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Thu Jul 22 01:08:00 UTC 2004

FWIW, I burnt the ROSLive CD while in Win98SE, and then had a look at it.  I
could fire up the cmd.exe file while in Win98 and it ran and did everything I
asked it to.

A bit bare - I'll try to roll my own LiveCD with a few apps I need like AbiWord,
emacs, etc.  Any caveats, any warnings, any ideas, any suggestions?  (I.e., is
there a specified layout for files/directories?  Or do they go any old where?)

Very impressive - now I'll have to grab some old unused machine and test it out
on that.

Wesley Parish

"Sharpened hands are happy hands.
"Brim the tinfall with mirthful bands"
- A Deepness in the Sky, Vernor Vinge

"I me.  Shape middled me.  I would come out into hot!"
I from the spicy that day was overcasked mockingly - it's a symbol of the
other horizon. - emacs : meta x dissociated-press