[ros-general] Project Structure - Contact Information

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 04:09:00 UTC 2004

Hello,
Some of the recent problems we have had with design issues and with
roles in the project have led me to the idea of our current project
structure. I think we need to overhaul the system and would like to
hear some feedback. If anyone wants to jump in please do so. Note the
kernel discussion regarding ntoskrnl just made me think about it but
that situation is resolving itself.

In the past we have discussed having a single person that reviews and
commits all patches to check for breakages and such but the CI system
will take care of this issue for us. The big problem we face are
disagreements on design decisions and direction so I propose the
following change,

Right now we have 4 or 5 really well defined roles

Project Coordinator - Jason Filby
Kernel Coordinator - vizzini
Application Coordinator - Brian Palmer
Translation Team Coordinator - Fireball
Release Coordinator - Robert
And a possible webmaster. - ?? T ????

I think we also need to look at clearly defining the role of developers
that maintain certain key modules. Maybe we need a new page on the
website that lists this. The following should be added to the project
structure

ntoskrnl component managers - Filip, Hartmut
explorer.exe - Martin Fuchs
the installation system - Eric Kohl
Win32 subsystem - GvG
networking - Arty
build system maintainer - Casper

This seems to be the natural evolution the project is taking. This will
help if someone new joins the project and has questions and will give
us someone to go to in the event of a problem.

Thanks
Steven