[ros-general] reactos.com or reactos.org?

Vladimir 'insider' Prohorov insider at vpti.vladimir.ru
Wed Aug 24 21:20:42 UTC 2005

Good day, Ge.

GvG> I was wondering if, together with the launch of the new website, we should
GvG> switch our "primary" domain from reactos.com to reactos.org? We have control
GvG> of both domains. An .org domain seems better suited for a open source
GvG> project. What do you all think?

Always  when  I  search  OpenSource or freeware, I initially seacrh in
.org.
If  you  look  in  ICANN  documents?  you  can  see?  thdt  .org means
"non-commercial".
But  thera  are  a lot of people, who don't know TLD's other that .com
and for them you need .com domain.

I  have  a  "dumb"  idea,  that ReactOS.com must be for newcomers, and
ReactOS.org - for peolple interested in development.

--
WBR, Vladimir 'insider' Prohorov
mailto:insider at vpti.vladimir.ru
[email only]|[3MB inbox]|[ICQ #179598229]|[RLU #389152]|[Skype inside_r]
The Bat! 3.60.03 Forerunner (Beta) w/OTFE @ Windows 2003 (5.2.3790.)
[uptime :: 0d 1h 10m]