[ros-general] reactos.com or reactos.org?

Mark IJbema mark at ijbema.xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 25 08:13:14 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 07:20:02PM +0200, Ge van Geldorp wrote:
> I was wondering if, together with the launch of the new website, we should
> switch our "primary" domain from reactos.com to reactos.org? We have control
> of both domains. An .org domain seems better suited for a open source
> project. What do you all think?

I think it's indeed preferable, but of course all old links should be
rewritten to prevent link breakage, and also to make it possible to use
.com. So for instance, if you would request reactos.com/faq you would be
redirected to reactos.org/faq. Maybe it would be best to do this with a
permanent redirect (302 iirc) so browsers update their bookmarks, and
rss readers update their feeds.

Mark