[ros-general] Firefox progress

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.org
Wed Nov 16 16:35:06 UTC 2005

Firefox is a blocker for the 0.3.0 release, so I started working on getting
it running some time ago. Although I'm not making progress as fast as I'd
hoped (Firefox is a bitch to debug), there definitely is progress. You can
see current state of affairs on the screenshot at
http://www.reactos.nl/pics/ff3.png (125Kb). Problems recently fixed:

- Menu dropdowns are shown now
- Icons on the toolbar are properly shown (work done by Blight)
- Menus don't only show, but actually work
- When opening a web page, the menu bar would be totally blacked out. This
has been fixed.
- Stability improved

What still needs work:
- The installer reportedly doesn't work
- Sometimes you need to wiggle around the mouse a little bit to get the page
to render

If you want to try it out for yourself, get r19269 (or later). Copy
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox" and all its subdirectories from a Windows
installation to your ReactOS disk, then start firefox.exe in that directory.

Gé van Geldorp.