[ros-general] Re: ReactOS UI Team - Concept, Plan, and: help wanted

Martin Fuchs fuchs.martin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 16:59:20 UTC 2005

On 15.10.2005 01:18:24 Mikko Tikkanen wrote:
> There is basic layout I designed a while ago, displaying the search menu &
> http://www.tpu.fi/~a5mtikka/varasto/guidesign/search.jpg

This looks quite good.
I understand this as an proposal for the the ReactOS start menu layout
with activated "XP like" mode. The "classic" mode would look like the
current layout.

You just copied the MS icons into your prototype.
Shouldn't you better use our nice ROS icons?  :)

> As the two column start menu seem to create quarrel I created kind of
> a hybrid of those two. From top down (- {item name}: {things in the
> submenu}):
> - Username, Help button
> - The list of recent applications used
> - My Documents: Recent files, Browse my files
> - My Computer: Browse my computer, Printers, Control panel
> - Network: Recent, Browse network, My shares, Network settings
> - Search: Search, Recent, Advanced
> - Run: Run, Recent, Advanced...
> - All programs
> - Lock and Power off

The "Lock" button would activate the screen saver, which may be configured
to ask for a password? What about adding a "Logoff" button?

Regards,

    Martin