[ros-general] Icon submission

Lyrical Nanoha LyricalNanoha at dosius.net
Sat Oct 15 17:25:02 UTC 2005

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, Mikko Tikkanen wrote:

> "First off, judge yourself. Are you an experienced graphics
> designer/artist with extensive icon experience? Have you ever made
> icons included in other projects, such as at your day job, an open
> source project, or similar? If you answered "no" to ANY of these
> questions, please do not attempt to submit icons. Save yourself
> humiliation, and save me the difficult task of turning you down. It's
> not because I want to be mean, honestly. If you answered "yes" to all
> of the above questions, please read on."

> First of all, surely ROS isn't professional project, if it would be it
> would have real funding etc. Besides, open source projects seldom are
> for professionals only. In my point of view any kind of help would be
> appreciated, but it seems that now only professionals can help.

You don't have to be professional to be experienced and capable.  I think
I could do a decent job if I actually thought of doing it, but I don't
think anyone here would like my style of eye candy (think early MacOS),
nor would it be appropriate for a Windows clone, so I decided it would not
be worth your while for me to contribute.

-uso.