[ros-general] Re: Icon submission

Mikko Tikkanen mikko.tikkanen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 17:35:53 UTC 2005

2005/10/16, Aleksey Bragin <aleksey at studiocerebral.com>:
> Mikko - maybe you could make up your own guidelines? And I'm sure mf
> would love to include your best thoughts into the Icon Submission
> document.
>
> I really don't see any personal in the guidelines, except for that
> they are kind of strict. But providing example - do you want to
> commit ugly hacks into the kernel, or get a good patch done (though
> it requires a little more time usually)?
>
> Please don't take this into personal "mf vs. crappish" fight again.
> Provide constructive critic, provide ideas...
>

> WBR,
> Aleksey Bragin.

I didn't say there is something wrong in the guidelines. I just said
that the tone could be tweaked a bit more nicer.

Though there could be something like colormap so that would-be icon
devs would have better idea about the colours of the icons.
Both general colours and colours for certain subjects. (Like yellow
folders etc.)

-mikko