[ros-general] TDI-Based Open Source Personal Firewall

Ged gedmurphy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 00:20:57 UTC 2005

James Tabor wrote:
> Hi
>  From IRC some weeks ago. This looks good to me.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/tdifw
>
> Thanks,
> James

I've already looked into it, and spoken to the guy who wrote it.
TDI isn't the best place to be sticking a firewall, it's a little high
in the network stack.

I plan to implement one as an intermediate NDIS driver, however with the
current state of NDIS, this isn't currently possible.

If it's still not possible when we come to needing a firewall, the TDI
one will be the next best thing.
Anything is better than using packet filtering via the win2k ipfltdrv.sys

I'm attaching a network model which shows where TDI sits, and where the
intermediate driver would sit.

Ged.