[ros-general] Re: [ros-dev] Patent on FAT

Tom Lee Mullins tomleem at comcast.net
Wed Jan 11 23:49:31 UTC 2006

Magnus Olsen wrote:

> it is not affcetc us, if i rember right the paten is invaild.
> and ms did say from beginer any one have right to use VFAT
> as I recall

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6025447.html
Here is a site with more on it.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=4QH4SXCCQI0C2QSNDBOCKH0CJUMEKJVN?articleID=175803281
"IBM said it is working with the Patent Office and others to improve the way patent applications are reviewed."

I hope IBM improves the US Patent system.

TomLeeM / BigWarpGuy * * http://tomleem.homestead.com * *
 * * Director  of Communications - * - Linkmaster  *  * * * * * *
* *  OS/2 Warp - eComStation Org * * OS/2 World *  * * * * * *
 * * http://www.os2ecs.org  * * http://www.os2world.com  * *
* * Supporting Past OS/2 Users and Future eCS Users * * * * * *