[ros-kernel] Doxygen

Martin Fuchs martin-fuchs at gmx.net
Sat Dec 6 23:09:18 CET 2003

Hello,

now that there seems to be a consense to use doxygen, we should decide how to configure it. There are several questions:

How should the source code be processed - the whole thing with all subdirectories as one project, or should it be divided into smaller modules?

I think, we could divide it into some modules such as:

- ntoskrnl
- drivers
- subsys\win32k
- apps, tools
- anything other

Should rosapps repository be included or will this go away anyway in the near future?

How detailed should the documentation be?
I think, if disk space is no issue, we can activate nearly any feature of doxygen. For example source code directly inlined into the HTML pages makes it more comfortable.

I will check in some "Doxyfile"s and extend the apropriate Makefiles to start an initial Doxygen configuration. For the moment I want to disable some options to get shorter processing times. We can activate them later again.

   Martin