[ros-kernel] Quake2 on ReactOS

KJK::Hyperion noog at libero.it
Thu Dec 18 11:40:26 CET 2003

At 20.32 17/12/2003, you wrote:
>I have had some limited luck loading Quake2 under ReactOS. There are a few
>bugs in that it renders backwards or upside down.

The GDI renderer uses DIB sections, so this means our DIB section code is
wrong (possibly ignoring the fact that scan lines must be loaded
bottom-up). There may also be problems with unsupported video modes (to the
win32k people: hey, what about using template functions to write bitmap
algorithms once and then just specialize them? worried about code bloat
introduced by C++ instrinsics? just ask me)

>Also I cant seem to find my copy of the Quake2 CD so I cant test game play.

I'll try to test it myself. BTW, are you using any Wine DLLs or just the
current ReactOS sources?