[ros-kernel] Would it be feasible to use automake/autoconf?

Casper Hornstrup chorns at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Dec 28 18:47:04 CET 2003

I kind of like that you need very few tools to develop on ReactOS
(GNU make+mingw+nasm). I don't see how autoconf will make the process
any simpler. Currently you need to just run 'make' from the top-level
reactos directory to build ReactOS.

Autoconf is useful for testing for specific features of the platform
where you perform the build (cross-compiling is usually very difficult
with autoconf, but I won't go into that here).
For ReactOS, this has little use since we have very few tools that need
be run on the build platform. Most components are build for the ReactOS
platform and we already know what features this platform supports since
we build the platform ourselves ;-)

Casper Hornstrup