[ros-kernel] BusInterruptLevel/BusInterruptVector

Mike Nordell tamlin at algonet.se
Wed Nov 5 12:22:00 CET 2003

Ge van Geldorp wrote:

> What's the difference between the BusInterruptLevel and
> BusInterruptVector parameters passed to HalGetInterruptVector?

This seems to be a quite underdocumented area, but unless I'm completely
mistaken BusInterruptLevel is the same as IRQL and BusInterruptVector is the
hardware IRQ (for the internal bus NT verifies that vector is < 16 (max PIC
IRQ).

I can imagine some code handling a specific IRQ at a different IRQL
(especially IRQ 1&2 I have a problem thinking they're running at IRQL 1&2
;-) ), but for "normal" interrupt handling the two should be the same.

/Mike