[ros-kernel] BusInterruptLevel/BusInterruptVector

Rick Parrish rfmobile at swbell.net
Wed Nov 5 06:04:47 CET 2003

Ge van Geldorp wrote:

>What's the difference between the BusInterruptLevel and
>BusInterruptVector parameters passed to HalGetInterruptVector? The NT4
>DDK says:
>
>BusInterruptLevel
>Specifies the bus-specific interrupt level.
>BusInterruptVector
>Specifies the bus-specific interrupt vector.

I'm guessing the "level" is the actual IRQ input to the CPU from the
hardware device.

I'm guessing the "vector" is the index into the IDT of the actual
interrupt service routine.

Example: IRQ 3 (the level) is mapped to interrupt 0x33 (the vector) and
IRQ 4 is mapped to interrupt 0x34.

... but I could be wrong on the DDK terminology for this.

-rick