[ros-kernel] warnings in ACPI

Vizzini vizzini at plasmic.com
Fri Nov 7 23:07:57 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 21:41, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> Actually, I think we should turn -Wall -Werror on for all the drivers in
> the tree and fix what results.

I agree; we should do this slowly over time so that we don't irritate a
whole bunch of people at once who use a slightly different compiler with
a slightly different idea of what is a warning.

Perhaps we can turn on -Wall first, notify everyone via the list, wait a
week, and then turn on -Werror.  Do this on only one or a few binaries
at a time, to minimize impact and irritation.  Also, when you test, be
sure to test with the official compiler listed with the tools on the
website.

If nobody objects, I'd say you're clear to follow that process.

 -Vizzini