[ros-kernel] Re: Status of Explorer under ReactOS- Bug #42 (more fixes)

Jonathan Wilson jonwil at tpgi.com.au
Sun Nov 9 18:20:50 CET 2003

> struct WndProcHandle
> {
>   WNDPROC WindowProc;
>   BOOL IsUnicode;
> };
An Important question is, should we store these structures (and the table)
in user32 or win32k?

Assuming we dont need to care about how MS stores these things (a valid
assumption), it would make more sense to store it in win32k since thats
where the 3 places (RegisterClass, SetClassLong and SetWindowLong) we
allocate this structure.

Then, we need a new syscall something like NtUserDereferenceWndProcHandle
or something that would take the handle (after we have identified that it
is in fact a handle) and return a WndProcHandle structure ready for us to
work with.

Another unresolved issue is how to test if the control is of a standard
class. Probobly the best way is to add a new field to the class structure
that gets set by the new NtUserRegisterStandardClass (or whatever) that we
need for the wndproc stuff. Then, we can test for that in CreateWindow.

The more I look at this, the more it looks like implementing these 8 fixes
(or some of them anyway) is not only not difficult but it might be a fun
thing for me to do. So count me in as helping with this or mabie even
writing the whole fix myself (although it is probobly a good idea to
resolve these few implementation questions before any code is written)