[ros-kernel] Developer tools?
tamlin at algonet.se
Wed Nov 12 18:40:32 CET 2003
Jason Filby wrote:
> but what are other tools that everyone finds useful when developing?
Speaking from a native Win32 hosting env. POV, and only endorsing free
software unless otherwise noted:
- Depends.exe - a little bit bad since it's (AFAIK) non-free, but still.
- A Win32 native grep can never hurt.
- A selection of free SSH2 compatible CVS clients, including a list of SSH2
- A native 'diff' is a must.
- Unless it's already linked, Bochs! (perhaps even VMWare?)
- Since WinDiff is AFAIK non-free, perhaps a link to WinMerge? It's a bit
bloated, but it doesn't take too much to strip it down to remove registry
requirements and stuff. If requested I can provide a patch to make it less
intrusive and more "friendly" even using ulder SDK's.
Some other places (that hasn't really got anything to do with tools, but
still might be of interest) could be the PCI device list, OSR, mingw, winehq
and so on.
More information about the Ros-kernel