AW: AW: AW: AW: [ros-kernel] reactos on ntfs or d:

Michael Michael at
Fri Nov 14 16:14:14 CET 2003

Use freeldr, since loadros is hard coded to start reactos from the first
partition on the first hdd.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: ros-kernel-bounces at
[mailto:ros-kernel-bounces at] Im Auftrag von
jeanmichel.123 at
Gesendet: Freitag, 14. November 2003 15:01
An: ReactOS Kernel List
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: [ros-kernel] reactos on ntfs or d:

Selon Michael <Michael at>:

> I checked this and found that freeldr can only swap actual drives, not

> partitions.  However, I found that this is not necessary.  I was
> various things and I found that ReactOS does not need to be located at

> C:\ReactOS, it can be located anywhere!  I think I had previously
> that
> ReactOS needs to be installed at C:\ReactOS, but apparently, that is
> incorrect.  I have tried installing ReactOS to different directories
> different drives and it worked in all cases.  This means that someone
> with a
> NTFS first partition and FAT or FAT32 second partition could install
> on
> the second partition.  All that needs to be done is to install ReactOS
> the second partition and create a freeldr boot disk, since freeldr
> cannot
> boot from NTFS.

I have done a dos/win98 boot floppy. (including a boot sector and a
Then I change directory to c:\reactos (called d:\reactos on nt).
And I run a boot.bat script which run
However, an INVALID_BOOT_DEVICE crash happen in the first reactos blue

Ros-kernel mailing list
Ros-kernel at