[ros-kernel] suggestion regarding d3d8thk (and directx in general)

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 14:22:56 CET 2003

--- Vizzini <vizzini at plasmic.com> wrote:
> What is their license?  If I understand it correctly, GPL is
> compatible
> with the current BSD and X11 licenses, and I thought the WineX fork
> was
> one of those...

The ReWind tree is under a X11 license but the WineX tree is under APL.
To quote the license file in WineX CVS:

Source code and other software components explicitly identified as
Copyright TransGaming Technologies Inc. is covered by the Aladdin
Free Public Licese, (AFPL) the terms of which are listed below.  In
particular, redistribution of the following components in source or
object code form is allowed only under the terms specified by the AFPL:

 dlls/ddraw
 dlls/dsound
 dlls/dinput
 dlls/d3dgl
 dlls/d3d8
 dlls/dinput8

So to use this code in ReactOS we either cant ship it with ReactOS or
we must get Transgaming to dual license the code as GPL/APL.

Thanks
Steven