[ros-kernel] suggestion regarding d3d8thk (and directx in general)

Vizzini vizzini at plasmic.com
Mon Nov 17 16:48:24 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 16:22, Steven Edwards wrote:
> --- Vizzini <vizzini at plasmic.com> wrote:
> > What is their license?  If I understand it correctly, GPL is
> > compatible
> > with the current BSD and X11 licenses, and I thought the WineX fork
> > was
> > one of those...
>
> The ReWind tree is under a X11 license but the WineX tree is under

Yep, that'd do it... APL prohibits charging for copies of the software,
which is explicitly incompatible with the GPL.

If there is interest in using this code for ROS, who should approach the
WineX people about a dual-license?  Also, do you know what their
original motiviation for picking that license was?

 -Vizzini