[ros-kernel] LARTing [was: Developer tools?]

Mike Nordell tamlin at algonet.se
Thu Nov 27 00:03:44 CET 2003

> Putty ?

While your comment might have been well-meaning, how is anyone supposed to
guess what you are commenting on if you're top-posting? Also, please stop
over-quoting (4 effective lines of comment while quoting 78 lines, including
even sig's and list message footer (!), is not good nettiquette).

('sorry if it seems I'm using you to make an example, it was just your post
that provided the last straw - all others on this list using this
Microsoft-ish quoting style are as much target audience for this comment)

[I snipped the following from a NG post, I can take no credit for it]

Here's some interesting reading for you:

how do I quote correctly in usenet?
the advantages of usenet's quoting conventions
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/g.mccaughan/g/remarks/uquote.html
why bottom-posting is better than top-posting
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
Bottom vs. top posting and quotation style on Usenet
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/brox.html
What do you mean "my reply is upside-down"?
http://www.i-hate-computers.demon.co.uk/

/Mike