[ros-kernel] Winmm.dll hacked together

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 29 07:48:22 CET 2003

Hello Philip,
Other than Andrew and I, no one else has done any work on Sound in
ReactOS. Andrew has been developing a simple Sound Blaster 16 driver
and I was working on the Winmm side. In short what you need to do is
implement a SB16 driver that works with VMware/Bochs SB emulation and
then provide a ReactOS interface to Winmm. The Winmm.dll I sent the
list is from the current Winehq CVS sources with a few minor changes
for our build system. You will also need to uncomment the exported
functions in the winmm.edf I sent in the zip file. Any changes to WinMM
we ask that you license as LGPL so we can submit changes back to
Winehq. You may be able to test with existing sound drivers rather than
writting your own but I doubt it will work. I have not had a chance to
look at the lowlevel sound arch of Windows/ReactOS.

If you interested please have at it!!!!!

Thanks
Steven