[ros-kernel] ReactOS Roadmap

Mark Tempel mtempel at visi.com
Tue Oct 14 23:31:55 CEST 2003

Here is my very basic roadmap...

6-month timeframe:
ROS boots to GUI (or has the ability to boot to GUI for those who like CLI)
Graphical shell (console) works.
Notepad, solitare, calc, and other very basic GUI apps work.
ROS can ping telnet (ssh) and run the cvs client
userland ROS programs can't crash the kernel by making userland mistakes
(like allocating too much memory)

1 year timeframe:
Functional explorer and HTTP clients
ROS development environment runs well on ROS.
Bochs and VMware unnecessary for most development tasks

> 1 year:
Lets see when we get there :-)
(my _hope_ is for a complete Windows replacement excluding DirectX support
within 18 months)

Just my 2 cents.

For now I will continue making controls work and trying to fix bugs in the
memory system.

--mark