[ros-kernel] Hunting a task

Filip Navara xnavara at volny.cz
Sat Oct 18 17:02:15 CEST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Kohl" <ekohl at rz-online.de>
To: "ReactOS Kernel List" <ros-kernel at reactos.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2003 2:15 PM
Subject: Re: [ros-kernel] Hunting a task

> "Filip Navara" <xnavara at volny.cz> wrote:
>

> > - A new DOS loader that will just load freeldr.sys and jump to it. I
first
> > thought I would do this myself, but I got stuck at the Ms-Dos syscalls.
:(

> I thought about doing this as well but we dropped the idea because of some
> problems with calls to BIOS functions (real-mode) from protected-mode.

I don't see any calls to BIOS functions from protected-mode. My idea is that
the freeldr.sys will be loaded in memory by DOS calls and then DX set to
some reasonable value and at last jumped on the address where is freeldr.sys
loaded. To the FreeLdr it would look like it was loaded by any
bootsector.What's wrong with this?

Filip