[ros-kernel] Conformance testing

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 12:26:37 CET 2003

Hola Jason,
--- Jason Filby <jasonfilby at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've taken a brief look at the Wine conformance tests. It seems that
> the tests are run via make? Also, can these tests just be run from
> our vendor branch?

They are created using the WINE build system with make under MSYS if
thats what you mean. I have not done any work out of our branch in
quite a while, rather Filip and I have been importing the dlls directly
to reactos/lib. There is a example of a WINE regression test with a
reactos makefile in reactos/lib/rpcrt4/test. It doesnt really matter
how we import the WINE regression tests they are simple and easy to
use/create. There is even a patch floating on wine-patches that makes a
simple frontend winetest.exe that will let you run all of them at once
on Windows.

Importing the tests as we import a dll should be simple enough but it
all depends on how we want to branch the Winehq dlls/tests/programs in
regards to a directory layout. Vizzini and I have kinda agreed to wait
on merging/branching anything until after this release. I would rather
we get the w32api/devkit worked out before we import any additional
WINE dlls. The exception to this is setupapi. Its ready to import for
the most part if Filips patches we accepted by mingw.