[ros-kernel] Re: ReactOS article to be published in Linux Magazine

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 16:47:31 CEST 2004

Hi Jason,
--- Jason Filby <jasonfilby at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is anyone interested in writing an article concerning our work with
> WINE? The initial request was on advice on how Linux developers could
>
> write code to support new devices - but I said that one of the
> reasons
> this project is around is to avoid all that in the first place.

I am now doing Wine related work and have spent some time working with
the CoLinux team so I would be happy to try and explain ReactOS and its
role.

As for your statement, avoid what? CoLinux and WINE are both great
tools for people wanting to move to a FreeSoftware platform. IMHO we
should not become zealous about ReactOS but keep in mind we want
freedom. That freedom may not just mean a ReactOS only desktop but a
ReactOS or Linux+WINE or a Windows+CoLinux desktop.

Thanks
Steven