[ros-kernel] Feature freeze

ros at xzite.fsnet.co.uk ros at xzite.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Apr 7 01:04:38 CEST 2004

> It's that time again!  With all of the progress that's been made, it's
> time to start our next release cycle.  I'd like to start feature freeze
> for the next release at the end of the day tomorrow, and follow that
> with code freeze in one week.  I've had feedback that code freeze lasted
> too long last time, so this time I'd like to limit it to three days,
> making the release over the weekend.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
>
>  -Vizzini

my only concern is that the last 4 or so iso images downloaded from
http://129.125.140.135/~w3seek/ were almost unusable on real hardware,
i.e. freezing as soon as explorer is launched. the current version fails
to reach desktop stage and drops to a blue-screen. all of my hardware is
conventional (gigabyte, duron, ati, ensoniq etc) and running fine with
win98/redhat9. i appreciate thet these are snapshot releases, but i wonder
if perhaps vmware isolates developers from problems with real hardware.
having said all that, i'm not criticising. REACTOS ROCKS! keep up the good
work guys, we all need this so much
les