[ros-kernel] Feature freeze

Hartmut Birr Hartmut.Birr at gmx.de
Wed Apr 7 23:58:31 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've made a short qemu windows test. It is possible to compile qemu 0.5.3
for windows. The source needs some fixes. Currently the keyboard doesn't
work properly. I had a look at the source. Qemu uses the native sdl key
codes, which are different for windows and linux. It should be changed like
the bochs way for sdl. An other problem is the emulation code. I do compile
ros always with the options '-Os -march=athlon-xp' (and many fixes within
the ros source). This crashes ros within qemu. Without the optimisation ros
runs within qemu. If I compile the tools section, the compiling fails within
qemu. I've made a quick fix for qemu which fixes the keyboard (the main work
comes from http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/%7Eqemu-win/) and adds the e9 debug
output. If anyone is interested, I can send the diffs or a binary.

- Hartmut