[ros-kernel] iface/addsys/genw32k.c -- local sizeof(void *)

KJK::Hyperion noog at libero.it
Thu Apr 8 01:46:12 CEST 2004

At 23.53 07/04/2004, you wrote:
>I wrote it. It seems sizeof(void*) is 8 and not 4 in gcc for amd64 (and
>for alpha).
>I read  the patch, but I'd like to understand if the goal is simply
>protecting the value 4 from becoming 8 in 64-bit compilers, or makeing it
>independent of it.
[...]

please don't touch any of this. I have the fix ready in my working copy.
Basically, I make the system call thunks real functions, to let the
compiler decorate their names. This has the unfortunate side effect that
either distinct functions are created for the NtXxx and ZwXxx variants or
that only one of the two variants will be available in ntdll, the other
being just an external alias. I can't think of any good solution to this