[ros-kernel] VMware driver installation utility

Thomas Weidenmueller thomas at reactsoft.com
Fri Apr 9 19:58:01 CEST 2004

Hi Folks!

To simplify the installation of the VMware SVGA driver, i've written a
little utility that can be started in (and after) the second stage setup
in reactos (It only works if running inside a VMware machine!). It
prompts the user to insert the VMware tools disk, automatically installs
the drivers. The user can also choose the favored screen resolution and
color quality.

I thought it might be a nice addition to our next release (even though
we're already in feature freeze).

For those who like to try it, i've made a ISO image:
http://files.reactsoft.com/ros-iso-04092004.zip

Also check out the screenshots i made:
http://images.reactsoft.com/?img=.%2Fvmwinst%2Fvmwinst_1.png
http://images.reactsoft.com/?img=.%2Fvmwinst%2Fvmwinst_2.png