[ros-kernel] memory manager

Gunnar Dalsnes hardon at online.no
Sat Apr 10 17:15:45 CEST 2004

While doing some mdl cleanup/fixes i got really annoyed about the memory
manager describes physical pages using a PHYSICAL_ADDRESS/LARGE_INTEGER
containing the physical _address_ of a page, when all the info we really
need is the 20bit page _number_ which fits just fine into a ULONG. If noone
objects i will change this and at the same time run indent on all files
within \mm.

And I have a few questions:
MmGetPhysicalAddress seem to return the _base_ physical address, regardless
of the page offset of the virtual address passed to it. I wonder if this is
wrong?

Why do we have three MmGetPageEntry functions? (MmGetPageEntry,
MmGetPageEntry1 and MmGetPageEntry2) And does anyone know the difference
between them?

More to come....

-Gunnar