[ros-kernel] Can Of Worms - Help needed

Filip Navara xnavara at volny.cz
Mon Apr 12 16:13:28 CEST 2004

Hi,

during the weekend I was working on a (temporary) implmentation of
ADVAPI32 SCM calls. Well, the first thing that I realized was that named
pipes were seriously broken, so I fixed what I was able to do myself.
Then I run the Wine PIPE regression test and everything went smooth
(almost all tests passed except few race conditions avoidable by adding
a spinlock) until call to TerminateThread. The test program completely
freezed. I'm not able to fix this myself, so I'm posting a mail here in
hope that someone can help me. The test program for this is attached.
Second problem that I hit a bit later was that deleting registry key
that contians a lot of values (to be precise - enough values so that
separate data cell is needed) causes bugcheck. Again, test program is
attached.

- Filip