[ros-kernel] Patch submitting (was: Accessibility CPL)

Aleksey Bragin aleksey at studiocerebral.com
Tue Apr 13 23:48:05 CEST 2004

        Hi Johannes,
I just spent 15 minutes describing how to use Bugzilla to submit patches to
Semyon Novikov, and thought I would post small explanation here: (becoming a
FAQ, maybe insert somewhere if it isn't already there)

1. Go to www.reactos.com/bugzilla
2. Register there if you don't already have login/password
3. Choose Enter new bug report
4(!). Choose 'Patches' from Component section (located at right-top angle of
the new bug form)
5. Enter your patch title into Summary, and description into Description. If
you want someone particular to review/commit your patch, then write him at
'Assigned To', otherwise leave this field blank
6. Hit commit
7. Then attach files to your 'bug report' -- it's possible only after
filling out this first form. Files - unified diffs, test apps, etc, as you
wish, and as Vizzini asks to format diff patches.
8. You certainly may post a note into the ros-general or ros-kernel (if it's
kernel-oriented) or ros-apps (if it's apps-oriented) list.
9. Kick developers so they review and commit your patch faster (joke, I
really don't advise doing so :-))

With the best regards,
Aleksey Bragin.