[ros-kernel] RosGetTimeFormat and GetTimeFormatA

Richard Campbell eek2121 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 16 21:56:42 CEST 2004

it is possible to use pointers in vb (ever hear of the varptr function?
also, study up on ByRef and ByVal), and i believe you mean vbNullChar or
vbNullString  Anyways i won't  argue the merits/drawbacks of visual
basic, each language has it's strengths and weaknesses, I for one
dislike when people bang on vb, saying it's a bad language, when they
don't know it's inner functionality.

Richard

Nate DeSimone wrote:

> While VB offers the ability to write programs very quick, and easily,
> it doesn't have some of the really nice features found in C, for
> example pointers.  Last time I checked VB does dynamic memory using
> arrays that have to be resized, why can't it just have a something
> like a vector class from the C++ Standard Libary?  Also it would be
> nice if NULL didn't have to be written as &H0 (or something like that,
> can't remember exactly.)
> Richard Campbell wrote:
>
>> Eh?  Substandard?  I bet anything you can do in C i can do better in
>> VB :)
>>
>> tombrett-reactoskernel4718 at mailblocks.com wrote:
>>
>>> Hah!
>>>
>>> I _WISH_  functions like this would return the actual value, as
>>> opposed to
>>> the position of the pointer of the value in memory.
>>>
>>> It would make life a WHOLE lot easier!
>>>
>>> especially for sub-standard programming languages like V.B!!
>>> Tom.

>>> implementation
>>> for it, which calls GetTimeFormatW(), and converts the string